Monday, February 27, 2006

What a weekend of gaming! I've played Empire at War to my hearts content by Sunday morning, and after playing the single player missions, galactic conquest, and the campaigns, I became borded. I'd much rather play Battlefront II, the first person shooter game which has a more fun galactic conquest feature in which the strategy appears to matter more than in Empire at War, which is supposed to be a real time strategy game!!! Oh Lucas, where did thou go wrong?!?

So, what is a disheveled gamer to do? I installed an older game, Freelancer! I forgot how much fun this game is. Granted, there is no joystick mode, but the mouse interface is pretty good, though I'd really like to try it with a gaming mouse to put a few extra handy buttons to use in creating more carnage by firing missles or deploying mines or assigning a button to the afterburner rather than holding the tab key down all the time. I have to hand it to microsoft and anvil for creating Freelancer, a game with it's own random virtual universe that doesn't get old no matter how many times you've played it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home